Dental Sealants – Arlington Heights, IL
Cavity Prevention for Growing Smiles
During childhood, kids will need to learn how to best maintain great oral hygiene and why it’s important for their smiles and overall health. And while many might practice what they’ve learned at home, their performance may not always be up to standard. With all the fun things they would rather do, they might not be brushing their teeth for two whole minutes, or they won’t take the time to get to those hard-to-reach places. If you’re concerned about your little one’s teeth and potential cavities, fear not! We at Westgate Dental Care can help protect their smiles with dental sealants in Arlington Heights! This easy and pain-free treatment can provide a barrier for your child’s back teeth, significantly reducing the chance of decay. Keep reading to learn more or give us a call to schedule a visit.
Why Choose Westgate Dental Care for Dental Sealants?
- Advanced Dental Technology for Precision Care
- Comfortable Amenities for Patients of All Ages
- Completely Personalized Dental Treatments
What Are Dental Sealants?
A dental sealant is a clear, plastic layer that is designed to cover the teeth used to chew. These usually involve the molars and premolars, as these pearly whites consist of pits and grooves that can easily allow harmful bacteria to accumulate. Whenever germs begin to settle into these areas, they can start to wear down and eat up the tooth enamel, which can end up resulting in cavities. By applying dental sealants to your child’s teeth, the protective coating can serve as a line of defense to prevent debris and bacteria from attacking their enamel.
The Process of Getting Dental Sealants
When first arriving at our office for your child’s appointment, you’ll want to assure them that there won’t be anything to be afraid of. This procedure is painless and quite easy to complete. Before moving forward with the treatment, our team will do everything we can to ensure that your little one is safe, comfortable, and relaxed. The main thing your child will need to do is simply sit still so that their dentist can place the sealants properly.
The process will begin with cleaning the teeth that require dental sealants. Once these have been dried, we’ll surround them with cotton to keep them this way. The dentist will then carefully roughen the chewing surfaces a small amount so that the dental solution can bond easily with the tooth. Your child’s teeth will then be rinsed and dried again, and we’ll place new cotton around their teeth. The dentist will finally paint the sealants atop the tooth enamel, allowing it to adhere to the tooth and harden in place.
Benefits of Dental Sealants
Dental sealants offer a variety of advantages for your child’s smile, including:
- Improved Protection : This treatment helps to ensure your little one’s teeth are better defended against bacteria and cavities as their smile grows.
- Stronger Tooth Enamel : Dental sealants protect teeth against decay while also promoting stronger enamel for more durable pearly whites.
- Reduced Chance of Bacteria : By blocking germs and debris from settling into pits and grooves, you won’t have to worry as much about bacteria accumulating on your child’s teeth.
- Cost-Effective Treatment : This dental service is more affordable than other treatments, especially those designed to repair decay that could have been prevented early on.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned about Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Unhappy with My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I am Concerned about Sleep Apnea View Our Services